Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Oh Jim...

On 9/27 I ran my first 5k. The weather was beautiful for the first time in weeks and it seemed to put all 7,000 people at the race in a great mood. My friend Snare stayed by my side the entire race even though she could have finished twice as fast. She is very encouraging and it's a lot more fun to run with people than by yourself.



This year has been all about coming out of my comfort zone and trying new things. I am getting over my fear of calling people after having called nearly 30 restaurants to look for food donors for the Three Blind Wines event. Then yesterday I taught a 4th grade class for a day. I have a new-found respect for my mom and all my friends that are teachers.

My next goal is to give blood. I freak out at the thought of it and even typing this makes my face turn white but I really want to overcome this fear. What's the worst that can happen? I pass out, wake up and feel a little weak. No big deal.

Last night Jim and Pam got married. The episode was classic. Jim's brothers were so over the top in their speeches that even Michael said it was inappropriate. I loved every minute and will probably watch the whole thing again this weekend. Then, this morning there was a bigger man getting on the elevator struggling to carry a huge crock-pot full of chili. All I could think about was the episode where Kevin spills his homemade chili all over the floor.





I leave Monday for Arizona. Having never seen a desert or a cactus, I'm very excited. We will be traveling from Tucson to a little town called Sierra Vista, about ten miles north of the Mexican border. I probably should have brushed up on my Spanish a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment