Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dreams

I've been having really weird dreams lately. I should probably stop drinking wine right before bed. A few nights ago I dreamed that Mickey (my beloved cat) was torn apart in a fight. He was walking around afterward and meowing and his flesh was just hanging from his bones. It was so gross. I woke up and had to go find him and make sure he was okay.
The night before that I dreamed that I was pregnant. Even though that's physically impossible, it wasn't impossible in my dream. I was at the hospital ready to give birth but while I was there I felt the baby kick for the first time. Clearly I wasn't ready to deliver so the doctor sent me home.
Last night I had a dream about Nathan. we were at a Lee basketball game and I was sitting next to him at the commentator's table. I asked him how he was doing and he said, 'well, do you want the true version or the happy version?' I said, 'tell me something good that happened this week.' He told me several funny stories and I remember just gazing at him with so much love and compassion, the way I would if he was my real brother and not just my brother in Christ.
It took a few minutes to realize that it was a dream when I woke up. I miss him so much and I feel like there's no one to talk to about it. Maybe that's why I'm dreaming it instead.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes when you have dreams about being pregnant or giving birth, it means that you have something stirring in you or developing. The Lord may be giving you a new gift or a new burden for something/someone and the time will come for the day of labor.

    Or it could just be a crazy dream ;) I go through phases of crazy dreams too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream about him this week too. We were at one of the softball fields here in Nashville that we use to play at. We were sitting in the dugout, laughing and just talking about life. He said "I miss you buddy" (which is something we use to text each other frequently)and I said "I miss you too" and then I woke up. I was excited for a second and then sad again.

    You can always give me a call if you want to talk. (Kip has my #). Hopefully I will see you guys in a few weeks!

    Tasha

    ReplyDelete